Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 1-Numbers

Today I am 15 weeks out from the show.  I met with Todd (my trainer) on Friday to go over my food plan for Phase One.  He said this phase will be cleaning up my food.  It was also time to get on the scale and measure body fat percentage... Ugh, here we go with the numbers.  I thought I had come pretty far with the scale and body fat but the anxiety came right back.  This time I am going to choose to face this head on.

Here is my food for the next three weeks:

180gm Protein and 155gm carbs daily, split equally over 6 meals.  50% of my carbs is consumed between breakfast and post-workout.  Wow, did this take me a while to place neatly in my box.  "What if I have a 6AM workout, how do I get 50% of my carbs in then?"  Hmmm let's see: 1/2 of 155 is 77.5gms.  So just cut that in half and have 38gms before (breakfast) and 38gms after (in my post-workout shake)... duh!

Here are some pics of my closest friends over the next 15 weeks.
25gms carbs/30gm protein powder added to my oatmeal
Rice/Quinoa cooker





Protein Powder and colorful shakers!
George Forman Grill!!!

So the process is more tricky than I thought.  Yeah you get on stage and pose and flex but the main goal during this next 15 weeks is to get lean and maintain muscle.  Todd wants me to be around 10% - 14% body fat.  But most importantly it's about what I look like, how my body responds to the food plan and maintaining muscle.  So as this journey unfolds, we will know more. 

After an awesome back workout it was time to get on the scale and measure body fat.  Todd warned me that after a workout the numbers can be skewed.  At 1:00PM on Friday, July 13th I weighed in at 131lbs at 23% body fat.  WHAT!??!!!

2 months ago I had a DEXA scan done at my physician's office.  DEXA scan is primarily used for women to measure bone density.  But the fitness industry has grabbed hold of its precise technology for measuring body fat.  So $50.00 later I learned that at 5'4" I had 19% body fat at 125 lbs.

Pics for Week 1: 15 weeks out





Phase One ends  Friday, August 3rd... more pics then!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I see what the sewing project is. This is awesome, mom. You rock!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete