Thursday, June 26, 2014

3 Weeks Out...What now?

It's happens at this time. Around 3 weeks out I start feeling empty and almost sad. I start realizing that all of this will end abruptly. Then what?

My last post talked about discipline. It's something that allows me to "feel" in control of my life but I know can get out of hand. So my brain goes on overdrive calculating and thinking of what my next big crazy challenge will be. I know logically that this might be my last time competing simply because of priorities and the amount time (for me) it takes away from what I'm "supposed" to be doing. I will always be active in some shape, way or form. My husband wants me to continue competing because he thinks it's "safer" & healthier than my other dream of finishing an Ironman triathlon. 

So I sit here on the bike while I finish my morning cardio pondering what's next. l am feeling empty and preparing myself for what's on the other side of the stage.  I love the training process of show prep- I am so happy and content. For me - this year- the stage is just the icing on the cake. The prize for me this year will be enjoying the excitement, meeting new and old friends & seeing what changes in  my physique actually took place.... And of course lastly to place better than last year.

My Tamee Marie suit came in yesterday and I have to say as scary as it was ordering a suit 3000 miles away it is probably my favorite suit so far. The fit is perfect and she knows how to do the stonework. Here's a sneak peek 
 

Training Update:
Things are progressing smoothly. I'm resting a lot more this time around, listening to my fatigue instead of trying to be the tough girl and powering thru.

I've been doing lunges on the treadmill to keep glutes tight.

Abs have been showing for quite a while, glutes are always slow and it always seems to be the last week they decide to behave. 

This will probably be my last selfie until the stage.  I'm a bit depleted which is okay - carbs are still high enough and I'm still cutting and mirror shows what I need to to show at 3 weeks out...  so it's all part of the game. I've had a few days of low energy so I've stopped and rested, loaded some carbs and it did the trick! 


Have a blessed Sunday - it's hot here in SUNNY Arizona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment