Saturday, May 18, 2013

9 Weeks Out-Strange Progress!

Sitting here on my back patio enjoying the last few days of beautiful weather before Arizonan's move into what we call "Satan's Basement."

Progress update WOD is Strange.  Today I am 9 weeks out and the scale continues to hover around 119-122.  It seems I am always learning about food and how my body reacts to it.  I thought for sure the scale would be down this morning as I take my usual weekly measurements. Nope: scale went up to 122 (2lb increase from last week) but my waist stayed the same 27".  Most importantly I am getting leaner... that's the strange part!!  Scale goes up, mirror shows the opposite!  My trainer couldn't be more happy.  This most likely means I'm keeping my muscle - which is exactly what we are trying to do.

I am currently carb cycling which means different days I consume different amounts of carbs. I have also been timing them strictly around my workouts.

Two weeks ago I started 2-A-Days.  Well isn't that just special...  I asked my trainer - "Wha the...? Huh? I never did that last year (silent profanity inserted here)."  Step out of the box, Brenda... Step out of the box...

So here it is: Tuesday and Thursday I do 2 workouts (one in the morning and one after work) AND I've added about 20 mins of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio at the end of my second workout. Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday I still hit shoulders, glutes & heavy legs.

I cycle my CARBS around each workout like this:

1-A-Day workout: 50gms 1st thing in the morning.  30gms pre-workout/20gms "intra" (during workout with BCAA'S)/50gms post workout- immediately after (IMMEDIATELY!!!!). The remainder of the day is protein and veggies totaling my protein at 200gms

2-A-Day Workout: AM Workout: 30gms pre-workout/30 post-workout PM workout: 30gms pre-Workout/20gms intra/30gms post-workout.  The remainder of the day is protein and veggies equaling 200gms.

Rest days: 200 grams protein and veggies with every meal. I hardly call these rest days because I put a lot of energy into disciplining myself to stay away from carbs and the kitchen!

What's exciting to me is these little guys popped in this morning to say hi!



I think it's important to stop here and take a moment of silent reflection to acknowledge the menopause fairy.  I never know when she will show up or what she will do.  Her fairy dust was showing up quite consistently up until a few months ago when it was almost like she just dumped me for another victim.  I felt great!  But alas, the past week or so she has made another appearance! I never thought my body would be capable of maintaining any strength or endurance when my hormonal jewels were being tossed around like a rag doll on a roller coaster. Who knew?

Until next time....

BE BLESSED and look for someone to encourage today!

1 comment:

  1. 2-A-Day; 1-A-Day... my brain started to scramble a little... that's hard core!! sounds like progress is going great. thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete